Thursday, April 17, 2014

In the Living Room-Tim

Tim lives in Plainfield, Ma., USA. I hope to surprise him with this 25 x 25 cm. oil on panel study when I return in May. Next to him is a greeting card size oil on paper on carton of my favorite mythological figures of eternal love= Psyche and Eros in a starry night. I make a lot of these small studies and also put them into the large red rose paintings.
Hope you enjoy these. I have painted over 1500 of these studies, never wanting them to be more "photographic". It is about the life in the paint which expresses the life of the sitter. Hopefully someone will pop up here during the Easter weekend and be willing to sit with me for about 1 1/2 hrs. for a "Portrait Conversation". No strings attached=just the joy of the talking together while I send strokes of paint to the 25 cm. square surface. Surprise me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment